Thursday, December 18, 2008

I guess we'll have a Chrsitmas baby.

I have until Monday to have this baby naturally and then the doctors will induce. Please pray that baby will come before Monday. Some people fear spiders, but I fear medicine. It's not a conviction, it's not even that thought through; i'm just afraid. It is easy for me to believe that God has equipped my fallen body to handle things such as childbirth, but it's not so easy for me to believe that God has allowed us medicine that can aide the process. I know that's not reasonable, but especially at 41.5 weeks pregnant, i'm not a reasonable person.

If baby doesn't come we will go to the hospital on Sunday night for the doctors to put some kind of "let's make the cervix ready" cream in me. That could send us into labor. If it doesn't send me into labor I can see Sunday night going two ways..... 1- I cry all night because the cream isn't working and i'm in a hospital and i'm afraid of labor with drugs or 2- I am comforted by all the great hospital staff and have more confidence in God's provision of medicine by Monday morning. Let's all pray for the second!! (But most of all let's pray that baby comes before Sunday.)

Here's me last weekend outside the Memphis Zoo. I heard that babies like to come when there is a full moon, so i made sure the moon saw my full belly. It didn't work. All the walking didn't work either... or the primerose oil... or the caster oil... or anything else we tried.



But we will have our sweet baby this time next week... all 8 pounds 6 ounces of her if the ultrasound predicted right. ;)

I am really excited about being a mother and about seeing Jon as a daddy. It will be nice to sit (or stand bouncing and hitting a baby's bottom) on Christmas day and ponder the birth of Christ along with the birth of our baby. It makes things a little more real this Christmas season to be soooo GREAT with child.

1 comment:

Joshua J. Wilkinson said...

i was just wondering about this. well, it sounds like we may be able to see you in the hospital since we're coming down to TN on sunday. we'll be in Union City, but we'll be coming down to Jackson for sure at some point.

they had to induce Kim. labor came hard and fast but in retrospect i'm not sure we'd do anything differently. Sofia has been more than perfect and i'm sure your little one will also benefit from the extra cooking time, eh? anyway, we have you in our thoughts and prayers.